Consistent terminology is a crucial element of localization. According to statistics, some 15-20% of total localization costs arise from the need to rework material, and inconsistent terminology is the main guilty party. Efficient terminology management is one of the key elements that affects the final quality of multilingual content.
Modern translation and Content Management tools make it possible to send only new and updated parts of documentation for translation, and the translation is carried out simultaneously by multiple translators.
Terminology Management includes the following steps:
- Evaluation of the scope of terminology management needs
- Review of existing terminology, glossaries, styleguides etc., understanding the client’s core terminology
- Terminology extraction and translation. Use of Terminology Management tools
- Creation of glossaries or updates of existing glossaries
- Maintenance of terminology databases on an ongoing basis
- Creation, review and updates of styleguides
- Query management
- Translation memory maintenance
- Access to terminology databases
A proper approach to terminology management helps to reduce costs and secure a constantly high level of quality.
We use all major CAT (Computer Assisted Translation) tools, such as Trados, SDLX, Logoport, DejaVu, Idiom, WordFast etc.
Our experience and the qualification of our linguists give us the means to implement terminology management services at the highest level and with the use of cutting-edge technologies.